On 05/28/2017 03:24 AM, Ilan Tayari wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Jes Sorensen [mailto:jsoren...@fb.com]

On 05/26/2017 04:29 AM, Saeed Mahameed wrote:
On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 11:48 PM, Jes Sorensen <jsoren...@fb.com> wrote:
On 05/25/2017 06:40 AM, Saeed Mahameed wrote:
Hi Jes,

No, It is clearly stated in the commit message :

"The FPGA is a bump-on-the-wire and thus affects operation of
the mlx5_core driver on the ConnectX ASIC."

Which means mlx5 FPGA user can only write logic which affects only
packets going in/out
A ConnectX chip - so it is only network stuff -.

We have this with other devices in the kernel where a primary device
driver
provides an interface for an additional sub-driver to access another
device
behind it. Like bt-coexist in some of the wifi drivers allowing access
to a
bluetooth device behind it.

Blutooth over wifi or vise versa is a very good example to what you
are requesting.
But, it doesn't fit to what we are trying to do here. mlx5 FGPA is a
ConnectX card feature, not a new protocol.

In that case it would need to be an optional module that can be enabled
or disabled at build time.

Jes,

It is already modular like that. See CONFIG_MLX5_FPGA.

[jes@xpeas netdev.git]$ grep CONFIG_MLX5_FPGA drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/*
[jes@xpeas netdev.git]$

Which git tree am I supposed to look at?

Jes