Marco Berizzi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I kindly would like to know why linux reply to ICMP
> echo request packets with the DF bit set always to 0.

We do that because that's the only sensible thing to do if you
actually want ICMP messages to reach the destination host.  PMTU
on ICMP does not make sense.

Furthermore, ICMP echo means echoing at the ICMP level, it does
not mean that we have to echo things inside the IP header.

Cheers,
Email: Herbert Xu ~{PmV>HI~} <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

VGER BF report: U 0.5