On Sat, 2006-02-09 at 11:04 -0400, James Morris wrote:
> On Sat, 2 Sep 2006, jamal wrote:

> +
> +       spin_lock(&xfrm_state_lock);
>
> Shouldn't this be spin_lock_bh()?
>
> +       spin_unlock(&xfrm_state_lock);
> +

the call is made at the moment only by pktgen (kernel threads on
dev_queue_xmit level contending with softirqs essentially). I think
(although havent tried) the spin_{un}lock_bh() wont work. Thoughts?
Obviously the easy thing for me to do is change it and see what
happens;->

> +       if (rx)
> +               xfrm_state_hold(rx);
>
> I think you need to grab the reference before letting go of the lock.

I believe you are right. I will make the change, retest and repost.

> Can you please include patches inline, or tell me how to get pine to
> quote attachments? :-)

I could get evolution to inline attachments although last time i tried
it made Dave unhappy with not being to use git am or some such
reason ;-> I think some white spaces get added or some other mangling
happens.
I could try it on the repost.

Thanks for the comments James.

cheers,