While playing with using libbpf for the Suricata project, we had
issues LLVM >= 4.0.1 generating ELF files that could not be loaded
with libbpf (tools/lib/bpf/).

During the troubleshooting phase, I wrote a test program and improved
the debugging output in libbpf.  I turned this into a selftests
program, and it also serves as a code example for libbpf in itself.

I discovered that there are at least three ELF load issues with
libbpf.  I left them as TODO comments in (tools/testing/selftests/bpf)
test_libbpf.sh. I've only fixed the load issue with eh_frames, and
other types of relo-section that does not have exec flags.  We can
work on the other issues later.

---

Jesper Dangaard Brouer (5):
      bpf: Sync kernel ABI header with tooling header for bpf_common.h
      tools/libbpf: improve the pr_debug statements to contain section numbers
      selftests/bpf: add test program for loading BPF ELF files
      selftests/bpf: add selftest that use test_libbpf_open
      tools/libbpf: handle issues with bpf ELF objects containing .eh_frames

 tools/include/uapi/linux/bpf_common.h          |    7 +
 tools/lib/bpf/libbpf.c                         |   51 ++++++--
 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/Makefile           |   12 ++
 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/test_libbpf.sh     |   49 ++++++++
 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/test_libbpf_open.c |  150 ++++++++++++++++++++++++
 create mode 100755 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/test_libbpf.sh
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/test_libbpf_open.c