On 2/14/2018 1:25 PM, Sowmini Varadhan wrote:
On (02/14/18 13:10), Santosh Shilimkar wrote:
RDS support true zero copy already with RDMA transport so some of
this code can easily get confused.

btw, another way to solve this is to have the RDMA code use the
suffix "rdma" (which is what it really is) as needed.

And same breath,here zcopy is No message from user ;-)
ZCOPY is otherwise often tied with RDMA directly.

Renaming churns are not that useful and I definitely agree
with what Dave said if it was renaming change to the
existing code like what you are suggesting with 'rdma'

Anyways I don't want to contest this too much since I can
follow that code and know what each does and means :-)

The comment was long term readability perspective for
some one completely new reading the code and being able to
distinguish the different modes.

Regards,
Santosh