On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 4:30 PM, Andy Gospodarek
<andrew.gospoda...@broadcom.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 07:08:39PM -0700, Samudrala, Sridhar wrote:

>> So once a pci device is configured in 'switchdev' mode,  only port
>> representor netdevs are
>> seen on the host, no more PF netdev.
>
> That is not the functionality I would propose.  The PF netdev will still be
> there.

Andy,

Basically LGTM, so even in smartnic configs, the PF @ the host is
still privileged to
create/destroy VFs or provision MACs for them even if it is not the
e-switch manager
anymore?

Actually AFAIK this  can also work somehow otherwise, e.g a smartnic FW
"pushes" the VFs into the host w.o them being under a host admin directive.