On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 12:05 AM, Andrew Lunn <and...@lunn.ch> wrote:
>> I am using kernel 2.6.37, but I think it is not kernel issue, but more
>> bad patches done on kernel.
>> It is based on TI's kernel, but with some custom modifications on
>> driver's switch, to make it work with TI's cpsw switch.
>> Seems like someone made some bad patch, I'll continue investigating it.
>> You can ignore the question...
>>
>> Many thanks a lot for the help,
>> Ran
>
> There is no DSA driver for the cpsw. Are you just using the cpsw to
> pass frames to a switch which is supported by DSA?
>
> In theory, mainline CPSW should just work for passing frames to an
> external switch. So why not just use mainline?

It seems that the bridge functions OK,
so I rather keep on working with it, instead of doing too many
dramatically changes in the custom kernel of TI's which works with our
chip (dm8148).

Yet, I would like to ask about the bridge:
Can a bridge also be used with dsa switch when ports are connected to
different subnets ?

Regards,
Ran