On 06/19/2018 08:01 AM, Jamal Hadi Salim wrote:
Per my previous comments, why do we need the
TCA_SKBEDIT_FLAGS TLV? Isnt SKBEDIT_F_INHERITDSFIELD
sufficient? i.e in tcf_skbedit_init() check for
d->flags&SKBEDIT_F_INHERITDSFIELD then set skb->priority
and flags|=SKBEDIT_F_INHERITDSFIELD

Notice that, different from skbmod, there's no field parm->flags in skbedit. Skbedit infers the flags in d->flags from the presence of the parameters of each of its actions. But SKBEDIT_F_INHERITDSFIELD has no parameter and adding field parm->flags breaks backward compatibility with user space as pointed out by Marcelo Ricardo Leitner. Our solution was to add TCA_SKBEDIT_FLAGS, so SKBEDIT_F_INHERITDSFIELD and future flag-only actions can be added.

[ ]'s
Michel Machado