On Fri, 12 Oct 2018 17:58:55 +0200
Nicolas Dichtel <nicolas.dich...@6wind.com> wrote:

> Le 12/10/2018 à 14:32, Stefano Brivio a écrit :
> > Commit 8d79266bc48c ("ip6_tunnel: add collect_md mode to IPv6
> > tunnels") introduced a check to avoid updating PMTU when
> > collect_md mode is enabled.
> >
> > Later, commit f15ca723c1eb ("net: don't call update_pmtu
> > unconditionally") dropped this check, I guess inadvertently.
> I removed it because update_pmtu() is not set for md_dst_op, thus I assume
> this
> check was done for that purpose.

Ha, sounds reasonable, yes.

> Could you explain in your commit log which problem your patch fixes?

Nothing really.

The change in f15ca723c1eb looked accidental and I thought it doesn't
make sense to update the PMTU in that case, but I didn't figure out
it's not actually done anyway.

Maybe it makes things a bit more readable, in that case I'd target it
for net-next. What do you think?

--
Stefano