Dear sir

Sorry, i forgot to CC other members of discussion.

1024kb (if i am not wrong 1Mbyte) is huge?

For me it is ok, as soon as i have RAM. Another thing, it is working well
with old tc. Just really if i have plenty of RAM's and i want 32second
buffer, why i cannot have that, and if i see it is really possible before?

Possible i am misunderstanding something...
In real world i am seeing reasonable to have much bigger buffers, especially
if there is no problem in resources (RAM, timer resolution, CPU). For
example, as i remember we had failure on one of our STM-1, and Cisco's on
Teleglobe was buffering about 20-30seconds of data without major packetloss.

Another thing, why i was using buffer, and possible i use it wrong:
For example customer have 128Kbit/s account, and i want to give him burst to
open web-pages fast (256Kbit/s), but if he use bandwidth non-stop, he will
pass this buffer, and will be throttled back to 128Kbit/s. Now seems i cannot
give such functionality.

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 14:09:06 +0100, Patrick McHardy wrote

--
Virtual ISP S.A.L.