David Miller a écrit :
From: Eric Dumazet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Welcome to the club :)

Ok, how about we put something like the following into 2.6.21?

2.6.21 really ?

Just to be clear : I had an attack two years ago, I applied your patch, rebooted the machine, and since then the attackers had to find another way to hurt the machine. Eventually, when I update the kernel of this machine, I forget to appply jhash patch, and attackers dont know they can try again :)

I dont consider this new hash as bug fix at all, ie your patch might enter 2.6.22 normal dev cycle.

Maybe a *fix*, independant of the hash function (so that no math expert can insult us), would be to have a *limit*, say... 1000 (something insane) on the length of a hash chain ?

In my case, I saw lengths of about 3000 two years ago under attack, but machine was still usable... maybe in half power mode.