Hi Jamal,

J Hadi Salim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 06/08/2007 04:44:06 PM:

> That should be fine as long as the sender is running the patched
> 2.6.22-rc4

Definitely :)

> Thats interesting - it is possible there is transient burstiness which
> fills up the ring.
> My observation of your results (hence my comments): for example the
> buffer size = 8B, TCP 1 process you achieve less than 70M.  That is less
> than 100Kpps on average being sent out. Very very tiny - so it is
> interesting that it is causing a shutdown.

I thought it comes to 1.147Mpps, or did I calculate wrong
(70*1024*1024/8/8) ?

> Also note something else strange that it is kind of strange that
> something like UDP which doesnt backoff will send out less
> packets/second ;->

Cannot explain that either :)

> BTW, another interesting things to do is ensure that several netperfs
> are running on different CPUs.

My script was doing that earlier, I trimmed all that to make it easier
to understand. Will post the larger version later.

> no problem.

Thanks, please let me know what you think of the patch I sent earlier.

I am running a larger 5 iteration run with buffer sizes :8,32,128,512,1
K,4K,16K.
It is going to run for around 12 hours and since I am moving house during
the
weekend, I will be able to look at the results only on Monday.

Regards,

- KK