Title: Message
Hey I am extremely interested in this class.  I am right now needing the same thing, I just asked the question over in the netfilter list.  You're question, is a little off topic, but I can help you a little.  It can't do pointer arithmetic with a void * because it doesn't know the size of what the pointer is pointing to.  You must cast it to the type you are working with so the compiler knows how "big" the pointer is.

Can you give me some advice on how you're doing this outside this list of course.  Thanks.
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Dotan Lior
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2002 10:07 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: netfilter & C++

Hi,

I'm trying to write a class in C++ that will retreive statistics from iptable in order to find out the traffic on each rule in the NAT table. The problem is that after including iptables.h whenever I'm compiling I get:

/usr/include/linux/netfilter_ipv4/ip_tables.h:295: ISO C++ forbids using pointer of type 'void *' in pointer arithmetic

I'm running RH7.3 with iptables 1.2.5

TIA
Lior