Hello,

On Wednesday 15 May 2002 23:06, Dotan Lior wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to write a class in C++ that will retreive statistics from
> iptable in order to find out the traffic on each rule in the NAT table. The
> problem is that after including iptables.h whenever I'm compiling I get:
> /usr/include/linux/netfilter_ipv4/ip_tables.h:295: ISO C++ forbids using
> pointer of type 'void *' in pointer arithmetic
> I'm running RH7.3 with iptables 1.2.5

The function is :
/* Helper functions */
static __inline__ struct ipt_entry_target *
ipt_get_target(struct ipt_entry *e)
{
        return (void *)e + e->target_offset;
}

I probably didn't understand.. but is there any reason to
explicitely cast the pointer to become a 'void *'
when the declaration specifically says it is returning an 'ipt_entry_target *' ?
Shouldn't it be casted to 'ipt_entry_target *' instead ?
Sorry if didn't understand, but I'm just curious.

Have a nice day,

Fabrice.
--
Fabrice MARIE
Senior R&D Engineer

"Silly hacker, root is for administrators"
       -Unknown