Hi Guillaume,

Guillaume Morin wrote:

> The documentation is correct because it assumes you understand
> "connection" as a conntrack entry.

Hum.

> I do agree that it should be  more explicit.

We met an agreement so.

>>The funny thing is that if you have a bad ruleset, you can easily be
>>DOSed by some external people which are just sending random ACK packets.
>>
>>Those ACKs will create entries in your connection table as ESTABLISHED
>>connections with a time-out of.... 5 days !!!!! 8-)
>

> Well no, since the concerned box will reply with a RST.

Try to imagine what if I try to address ACK to computer which are not
existing in your network.... see the picture now ???? :-)

Regards
--
Emmanuel

A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his
punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.
   -- Oscar Wilde