----- Original Message -----
From: "Kramer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, May 12, 2002 7:29 PM
Subject: MS Windows domain logon via netfilter NAT

> I have gotten a RedHat 7.3 box operating as a router/filter to a private
> (192.168.132.0/24) with dhcp without too much trouble.  One major
> problem remains that I can't find any info on.  The fixes for the NAT
> public address reverse routing and the broadcast address fixes are
> already applied.
>
> Windows client hosts on the NATed LAN can't find the NT4 Domain for
> logon.  Therefore Network Neighborhood browsing doesn't work.  Strangely
> direct UNC connections will work if logon credentials are not required.
>
> I am sure I am not the first to run into this.  Can anyone help?
>
> Jack Kramer
> University of Florida
> Fort Lauderdale

Windows usually build its browselist via broadcasting.
If the clients are not on the same network they need a domain master in each
network that knows the other network. That cannot work if the domains are
the same.
Then set up fine routing and start a wins server a machine, and all other
machines have to use wins.
works fine here, im'm migrating a network to an other ip range without
interrupting client users ...

bye

    Iced_tea