Hi Maria,

NetLogo is tricky to run inside a docker container if you want to bring up
its GUI. We set up a NetLogo Docker example
at https://github.com/comses/wolf-sheep last year to see what it would take
to have a "fully repeatable" netlogo model + analysis pipeline. It's still
a work-in-progress and isn't archival-ready but should still be working as
a proof-of-concept prototype.

In order to install any custom extensions you'd have to bundle them
explicitly in your codebase (ideal) or download them from the network (with
the assumption that you're accessing them from a permanent URL). In the
first case you would include the extension zipfile in your codebase
repository and have a COPY / ADD command in your Dockerfile to move that
extension into your Docker image. In the second case your Dockerfile would
initiate a wget or curl to download the extension from a URL.

In order to bring up the netlogo GUI we've been installing NetLogo into a
VNC container and then run a remote desktop into the Docker container with
NetLogo installed. The steps to do this are available at
https://github.com/comses/wolf-sheep#interact-with-the-workflow - this
isn't our ideal workflow but it's the best we've found so far and are very
open to any suggestions / improvements.

Best regards,
Allen