>What Firewalls are known to work with NetMeeting properly?  Ideally (if I
>had FW-1 which is cost prohibative) I would enable static NATs
>between a few
>outside IP addresses and the internal netmeeting users and open the net
>meeting ports - however PoS 2.0 isn't that flexible.  What Firewalls have
>other list users had success with?

No firewall that I know will support incoming NetMeeting calls so the only
strategy that I know of to have two parties inside separate firewalls
connect is through a third party as you suggest. Because of the nature of
T.120 a NetMeeting client can perform this function -- if you want a more
stable method -- you must use a T.120 MCU - either with an H.323 MCU as a
companion or on its own.

It might be possible to forward TCP 1503 ( which is the T.120 port) to a
single station -- but I don't know whether this will work and whether
outgoing calls will still be possible from other stations if you do this.
----------

There is a 3rd party plugin software called "Surrogate Socket" for MS Proxy
server (http://www.edu-tec.com/surrogatesocket/) which allows you to bind an
external port on your proxy server to an internal port on an internal
machine.  I have successfully bound TCP 1503 to an internal machine using
this method.  The problem I run into is that you must define this mapping
statically, and you can only forward one external port to each internal
port.  If Netmeeting client could define which port to use for sharing (ie,
use TCP 15000 or some other high port) then you could actually bind each
external port to a different internal machine, and just have clients connect
to that port.

I am trying to use Netmeeting in such a configuration for technical support
in remote locations, but haven't had much luck getting the client to call on
a different port.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,