>Hi all,
>
>Before I blow more money than I have sense, is it possible to run an
>ILS server with a dynamic IP address?
>
>That is, if I get the software to configure my PC as an ILS server
>(now I have unmetered Internet access and an ISDN line), can I log
>into an ISP who will assign an IP address that changes every two hours
>or so,  and use that connection to run the ILS server from.

Well you might be able to get it to operate using a dynamic DNS -- I have never tried
or thought about it much -- but why would you want to do this? I doesn't make sense as
far as I can tell.

>I am aware that I may have been making assumptions which make the
>question non-sensical.

Maybe. Can you describe your thinking in wanting to do this. The ILS is a location
service ( http://www.meetingbywire.com/NetMeeting101.htm has a descripiton) --
introducing the variable IP address seems to introduce a potential of instability and
uncertainty.