Not sure if anybody has replied yet but I'll give you my experience.

  I use an external keyboard with my laptop, therefore my numlock key on the
laptop is on because my external keyboard numlock is on.

  The laptop users that I remote into typically are not using an external
keyboard but your settings will transfer to them.  I almost always ask my
customers what they are using before I diconnect and I remind them to turn
their numlock key off after I disconnect.

  After getting a few panicked calls saying I "broke" their system, I have
learned to try and advise them ahead of time of what might happen if they don't
turn it off.

  Andi

Frank <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
          Good morning to everyone, hopefully this forum is active enough to
generate some sort of a response to my situation/question.
I work in a helpdesk for a large global organization and we use
Netmeeting on a very regular basis, particularly the desktop sharing.

The problem I am having difficulty solving is that when I (a desktop
PC user) connects to my customer (99% laptop users) my
keyboard "status" is passed through netmeeting to my clients
machine. By that I mean that as soon as I take control of their
desktop, because I have my numlock key turned on, their turns on as
well. The problem with this is that on IBM thinkpads, when you
enable numlock, half of the keyboard turns into numbers, which, when
typing into a password field is pretty hard to detect, the result is
alot of locked domain accounts over something really silly.

I know I could turn my numlock off, but I use it, often and turning
it off is more of a pain in the ass than the locked domain accounts.
Is there a registry entry somewhere that will turn this off?

Look forward to any and all responses.

Cheers,
Frank

http://us.click.yahoo.com/6pRQfA/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/AyiolB/TM