> On 30 Jul 2015, at 13:41, Jernej Tuljak <jern...@mg-soft.si> wrote:
>
> Ladislav Lhotka je 30.7.2015 ob 13:35 napisal:

>>> Where does RFC6020 say that description-stmt may be used for defining
>>> additional semantics? The only instance where I can find
>> Nowhere. That’s why I also proposed to add the following sentence to the
>> section about “description” statement:
>>
>> Constraints and rules stated in the text of a “description” statement are an
>> integral and binding part of the data model.
>
> Wait, what? This would make a client broken if it chokes after receiving a
> message, where a container data node instance has a text value set and the
> container's description in the module claims: "This container MUST be treated
> as a leaf under X Y conditions”.

Or this:

description “This leaf is only valid on Friday”;

My understanding is that it is only the server that’s supposed to validate data
(BTW, I don’t like this assumption), and the server software has to be coded so
that constraints expressed in descriptions are checked, too.

Lada

--
Ladislav Lhotka, CZ.NIC Labs
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C