Hi,

I find all this fretting over when-stmt corner-cases to be a waste of time.
I certainly have no intention of spending 100s of hours coding for
corner-cases
that have no operational value whatsoever.  When-stmt has always been full
of problems that exist on paper but not in real servers.

There is no need for the YANG spec to point out that the constraints
only apply to YANG. That is self-evident.

Why doesn't when-stmt apply to a plain rpc?

   rpc plot-point {
     input {
        leaf 3d {
          type boolean;
           default false;
        }
        leaf X { type uint32; }
        leaf Y { type uint32; }
        leaf Z {
          when "../3d";
          type uint32;
       }
     }
   }

Are you saying that the when-stmt for Z is not allowed?
Or that it gets ignored and not enforced?
IMO this section was rather clear -- it applies to when-stmt
in the RPC input.

Andy