On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 11:15 AM, Martin Bjorklund <m...@tail-f.com> wrote:

> Andy Bierman <a...@yumaworks.com> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > But the "when-stmt" never causes an error for application within
> > a datastore.
> >
> > The text in sec. 8 does not apply because the when-stmt is not
> > on any object in the RPC being processed.
> >
> > Only this text applies:
> >
> >    The "when" statement makes its parent data definition statement
> >    conditional.  The node defined by the parent data definition
> >    statement is only valid when the condition specified by the "when"
> >    statement is satisfied.
> >

> > The NETCONF specific text needs to change.
> > Simply putting , "For example, NETCONF ..." might be enough.
>
> Can you be more specific - exactly where do you suggest this change?

Not really -- there are way too many places the draft refers to
NETCONF operations, where it could just be referring to a configuration
datastore.

The draft does not even cover proprietary access RPCs.
If somebody defined <my-edit-config> the same datastore validation
procedures should apply to the conceptual configuration datastore.