----- Original Message -----
From: "Clyde Wildes (cwildes)" <cwil...@cisco.com>
To: <netmod@ietf.org>
Cc: "Martin Bjorklund" <m...@tail-f.com>; "t.petch"
<ie...@btconnect.com>; "Kiran Koushik Agrahara Sreenivasa (kkoushik)"
<kkous...@cisco.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 20, 2016 7:53 PM

> Hi,
>
> This revision incorporates feedback from Martin Bjorklunk (19
comments) and Tom Petch (10 comments). Thanks to both of you for your
valuable feedback!

> Regarding Tom's comment - "4.1 What a lot of features?  Again, makes
things more complex, more error prone - are they all really needed?": We
started the draft two years ago and it has evolved from feedback
received from all of the folks that appear in the Acknowledgements
section. Please review the current draft where I believe that I address
all of your comments except possibly this one. The tradeoff is to leave
the feature specific functionality out of the draft and leave it to the
implementations to add back through augmentation. That said most of the
features that are called out have been implemented by at least two
vendors, but not all, leading to the feature designation.

Clyde

Yeeees; I did a separate post on the topic thinking that an implementor
might share my concerns about the large number of possible variations in
an implementation when there were a large number of features, that
perhaps there should be guidelines about it, but it did not get any
traction.  It is one those issues where I think, in a year or two's
time, others might share my concern, but not yet:-(.

I don't doubt that the variation exists and needs modelling, just that
such use of 'features' may have unfortunate consequences - but I have no
alternative suggestion.

Tom Petch