Clyde

Weeell; I still think that we may regret having so many features and so
many possible combinations;  For me, it is not a question of whether
they are there in the wild but whether it is right to have such a
complex model; a bit like ABNF where all sorts of things are possible
but sometimes a short sentence can replace lines of meta-syntactic
language.  As I said before, rough consensus will prevail, whether I am
in the rough or not.

Some minor editorial remarks

The names are still lengthy giving a line length I count as 76 which
exceeds what the RFC Editor normally allows ( 72). e.g., one of many,
(except that my MUA is going to mangle this example)
"         |     |        +--rw severity-operator?   enumeration
{selector-sevop-"

s.1 'draft'

s.3 I think that this example is fine, but would put it in a
non-Normative Appendix with a reference thereto - else people will take
it literally and you will get the same identity appearing many times
(well, that will still occur with an Appendix but at least we can say
you got it wrong).

s.4.1  'Copyright (c) 2015 '

s.4.2  'Copyright (c) 2015 '

s..4.2 The description of log-buffer confuses me.  'The buffer is
circular in nature" so there is only one of them; but it is a list keyed
on 'name' so there are lots of them.  " "This leaf configures the amount
number of log messages that can be stored in the local memory  logging
buffer." so there is only one of them. Or....?

s.5  I think it wrong to put the e-mail addresses in the RFC; editors
yes, acknowledgements no.  If you are going to do that, then take me out
of the list.

s.6
"   prefix: ietf-syslog-types reference: RFC XXXX"
suggest
"   prefix: ietf-syslog-types
    reference: RFC XXXX
"