> On 29 Apr 2016, at 13:56, Juergen Schoenwaelder
> <j.schoenwael...@jacobs-university.de> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 01:52:33PM +0200, Ladislav Lhotka wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> if we have
>>
>> typedef foo {
>>  type enumeration {
>>    enum one;
>>    enum two;
>>  }
>> }
>>
>> typedef bar {
>>  type foo;
>> }
>>
>> what is the set of values permitted for "bar"? Is it empty or the
>> same as for "foo"?
>
> The set is { one, two } - where is the hidden catch??

In sec. 9.6.4 of 6020bis:

   When an existing enumeration type is restricted, the set of assigned
   names in the new type MUST be a subset of the base type's set of
   assigned names.  The value of such an assigned name MUST NOT be
   changed.

In our case there are no names assigned in the new type "bar", i.e. empty set
(which is a subset of the base type's set).

Lada

--
Ladislav Lhotka, CZ.NIC Labs
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C