> On 29 Apr 2016, at 14:41, Juergen Schoenwaelder
> <j.schoenwael...@jacobs-university.de> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 02:36:55PM +0200, Ladislav Lhotka wrote:
>>
>>> On 29 Apr 2016, at 14:30, Juergen Schoenwaelder
>>> <j.schoenwael...@jacobs-university.de> wrote:

>>> So what? Apparently, being able to use foo without having to repeat
>>> all values of foo is the main reason to define foo in the first place.
>>
>> So what about this:
>>
>> typedef bar {
>> type foo {
>>   enum one {
>>     if-feature fancy;
>>   }
>> }
>> }
>>
>> If "fancy" feature is supported then the "bar" set is {one}. But if it isn't
>> supported, then what?
>>

> If the "fancy" feature is not set, the value set of "bar" is {} (since
> there is a restriction reducing the value set to an empty set).

I think you have no support for this conclusion in 6020bis text, it depends on
what "conditional" means. One defensible interpretation is that

type foo {
  enum one {
    if-feature fancy;
  }
}

is equivalent to

type foo {
}

if feature "fancy" isn't supported.

Or are you saying that "type foo {}" is not the same as "type foo;"?

Lada

--
Ladislav Lhotka, CZ.NIC Labs
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C