On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 3:04 AM, Robert Wilton <rwil...@cisco.com> wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>

> What you describe is close, but not quite what either of the two datastore
> solutions are proposing.
>
> In this case, the two solutions in both proposed drafts would contain:
>   - intended config doesn't contain the list entries
>   - applied config doesn't contain the list entries
>   - operational state datastore contains the system created (config true)
> list entries + descendant config false nodes.
>
> The reason why these system created entries are not in the applied
> configuration is because of the requirement from
> draft-ietf-netmod-opstate-reqs state that "intended config" = "applied
> config" if the system has converged and all configuration has been
> successfully applied.
>
> But, yes, the reason for allowing system created config true entries in
> the operational state datastore is to solve this problem.

I do not agree with Alex that config=true can mean "no client can ever set
this value".
It can only if NACM is configured to disable client write access.
I understand how one might want to use server-created values in validation
rules
but YANG does not support that right now (for config=false).

The line between server-created config and operational state is confusing
at best.

Rob

Andy