> On Nov 13, 2016, at 11:02 AM, Dean Bogdanovic <ivand...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Adrian,
>
> Sorry for not replying earlier. Your email fell through the cracks.
>
>> On Sep 21, 2016, at 5:55 PM, Adrian Pan <adrian....@ericsson.com
>> <mailto:adrian....@ericsson.com>> wrote:
>>
>> I have reviewed draft-ietf-netmod-acl-model-08 and I am considering to
>> implement the data model in the draft, while I found below issue:
>> - Operator is able to configure the matches of ace different from the
>> acl-type, i.e ace configured with ipv6 matches while the “acl-type” is
>> configured as ipv4 in the acl, this is not aligned with the model design
>> intention.
>
> The acl-type provides implicit specification of the match criteria. Authors
> wanted to enable support for mixed type acl (example mac and ip) in the same
> list. And let the vendors determine based on their platform and what is
> supported how to implement the model.

I do not understand “implicit specification of the match criteria". Say the
acl-type is specified as ipv6, and the user configures a ipv4 address in the
ACL, how does it help the platform?

I agree with Adrian that a more intuitive use of the acl-type would be to check
whether the address being configured matches the type and reject the
configuration if it does not.

> Dean
>

>> Thanks
>> Adrian