On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 12:49 AM, Juergen Schoenwaelder <
j.schoenwael...@jacobs-university.de> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 03, 2017 at 06:59:58AM +0000, Bogaert, Bart (Nokia -
> BE/Antwerp) wrote:
> >
> > Just to get confirmation on my assumptions:
> >
> > In section 4.7.3 the origin metadata does not include 'running' as origin
> > but only 'intended'.  So it seems to be mandatory for a NC server to
> support
> > the intended datastore?
>
> If your server does not support templates or inactive configuration or
> the like, then intended is just an alias for running.

IMO this is not correct.
There are no standards at all to define these things.
Our server supports an implementation of config templates that expands the
template when it is first created.  A different proprietary implementation
MAY choose
to expand templates in some other way.  Since there are no standards for
this purpose,
any proprietary implementation decision is valid.

The contents of the "intended" datastore are purely proprietary.
The opaque nature of this datastore is by design and the WG accepts that
servers
are free to choose to implement whatever datastores they want.
The origin metadata should just reflect what the server does, not mandate
any sort of datastore conformance.

Andy