>> I know that we tend to be sloppy in meetings and often in emails but
>> in written RFCs (specifications) I would personally prefer to use a
>> single term.
>
> So change it in the RD draft to the term we actually use "operational
> datastore".

A lot of effort went into defining the terms.  Having "foo configuration
datastore" (not "foo datastore") is really important, because it binds to the
term for "configuration".  FWIW, I think that "the operational state datastore"
fell out more for symmetry - because it clearly doesn't bind to either "system
state" or "applied configuration" ;)

The end of the 'operational state datastore' term says "This datastore is
commonly referred to as "<operational>".   And <operational> expands
colloquially to "the operational datastore", albeit one may utter the full
expansion if desired.

So, the net-net (I think) is that, in writing, we have <operational> and "the
operational state datastore" but, when spoken, we have "operational" and "the
operational datastore".

Makes sense?

Kent // contributor