This WG LC closed on the 16th.

Working group last calls serve a useful forcing function even for drafts that
may end up looking unready as a result due to the attention. If I am making a
judgement call here based on the feedback received during this period and the
prior one.

I will try and summarize the major concerns that  see expressed with this draft.

Jurgen had a significant list of comments and edits

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/netmod/qUGyGIxHJKsEXZsG6r3P7R0nirg
<https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/netmod/qUGyGIxHJKsEXZsG6r3P7R0nirg>

Followed up by Christian

One detail teased out there and in other comments bears revisting

            Juergen
> I do not like this. YANG has extension statements and having to

> parse stuff out of free text description statements seems to be a

> movement backwards.

Christian
This is used by the human implementer of the module (i.e., they need to write
code to implement the module). As such it was not intended for machine parsing.

Juergon
I am personally not convinced. The whole reason why we have YANG is
automation and I believe people will go and write tools to extract
tags and having to extract them out of free form text looks like a
step backwards.

Andy

It is more than a step backwards.
There is an unexplained procedure for declaring the  module-tag conformance,
in addition to the module-tag mappings.

Alex

I have no issue with systems using tags to classify or organize modules,
however this seems to me like something that would be specific to the system
doing the classifying. It would not be something that needs to be specified in
the module itself (except perhaps as freeform description text), and it
certainly would not need to involve the NETCONF server. What would a server do
with module classification data? (unless it is also implementing some kind of
module browsing interface, in which case it might be used to supply the browser
with data)

Wether or not this is intended for or will be parsed by machines remains a
significant unresolved concern. The actual mechanics of restricting what goes
into them however seems fairly straight forward.

Absent consensus on the above concern this document cannot probably advance, we
do have the opportunity for significant face to face discussion in the near
future so using that to arrive at a conclusion would probably allow this work
to progress or stop.

Thanks
Joel