On Mon, Feb 17, 2020 at 10:40:30AM -0500, Christian Hopps wrote:

> > On Feb 17, 2020, at 9:07 AM, Rob Wilton (rwilton) <rwil...@cisco.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Juergen,
> >
> > Please see inline ...

Perhaps this wording is clearer about who is responsible for normalization:

-through a combination of already existing IETF tags.
+through a combination of already existing IETF tags. IANA assigned
+tags must conform to Net-Unicode as defined in RFC 5198 and they shall
+not need normalization.

And then lets hope that others assigning tags follow this advice. ;-)

Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <https://www.jacobs-university.de/>