发件人: netmod [mailto:netmod-boun...@ietf.org] 代表 Jürgen Sch?nw?lder
发送时间: 2022年4月11日 15:55
收件人: Kent Watsen <kent+i...@watsen.net>
抄送: netmod@ietf.org
主题: Re: [netmod] WGLC on draft-ietf-netmod-node-tags-06

During the NETCONF meeting at IETF 113, Benoit presented an I-D titled

     Per-Node Capabilities for Optimum Operational Data Collection
            draft-claise-netconf-metadata-for-collection-03

and I asked why we need another metadata export mechanism given that node tags
is been worked on in the NETMOD WG. The reaction during the meeting was to
followup on the mailing list, i.e., there was no conclusive answer during the
meeting.

I suggest that this document does not proceed until we know that it provides
all mechanisms needed to support the use case described in the above mentioned
I-D. If any functionality is lacking, the WG may want to investigate whether
this can be addressed generically.

/js

On Fri, Apr 08, 2022 at 06:09:45PM +0000, Kent Watsen wrote:
> This message begins a Working Group Last Call (WGLC) on
> draft-ietf-netmod-node-tags-06, per the chair-action from the 113 session
> (minutes
> <https://notes.ietf.org/#4-Title-Self-Describing-Data-Object-Tags-10-min>).
> The WGLC will close in two-weeks (Apr 22).  Here is a direct link to the HTML
> version of the draft:
>
>       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-netmod-node-tags
> <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-netmod-node-tags>
>
> Positive comments, e.g., "I've reviewed this document and believe it is ready
> for publication", are welcome!  This is useful and important, even from
> authors. Objections, concerns, and suggestions are also welcomed at this time.
>
> Please be aware that this draft has declared IPR
> <https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/4216> indicating that license may entail
> possible royalty/fee. Also, this exchange between Lou and Qin on 8/30/2020
> (mailman
> <https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/netmod/SC6zfdYVmvlkquWOzP1qZszxWgs/>):
>
> [Lou] Since this work is derived from work that I contributed to, I'd be
> interested in hearing what new mechanism(s) is/are covered by the IPR
> disclosure prior to supporting WG adoption.  I'm not asking in order to
> debate this, as that is something for other venues, I'm merely asking that
> you state for the record what new mechanism is covered.
>
> [Qin] Thanks for asking, different from module level tag defined in
> draft-ietf-netmod-module-tags , this work provide data node level tag
> definition, use these data node level tag definition to provide hint or
> indication to selection filter in the YANG push and tell the collector or
> subscriber which specific category data objects needs to fetched.
>

> Kent (as co-chair)

Jürgen Schönwälder              Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <https://www.jacobs-university.de/>