Dear all,

I am generically not in favor of publishing requirement documents.
However, it might have proven beneficial in this particular case.

Regards, Benoit

On 6/26/2023 6:02 PM, tom petch wrote:
From: netmod <netmod-boun...@ietf.org> on behalf of Joe Clarke (jclarke)
<jclarke=40cisco....@dmarc.ietf.org>
Sent: 26 June 2023 16:53

This revision is a resurrection of the expired I-D to help frame the LC
discussions around module versioning and YANG Semver.

<tp>
Joe

Thank you for that

Tom Petch

Joe

From: netmod <netmod-boun...@ietf.org> on behalf of internet-dra...@ietf.org
<internet-dra...@ietf.org>
Date: Monday, June 26, 2023 at 11:49
To: i-d-annou...@ietf.org <i-d-annou...@ietf.org>
Cc: netmod@ietf.org <netmod@ietf.org>
Subject: [netmod] I-D Action: draft-ietf-netmod-yang-versioning-reqs-08.txt

directories. This Internet-Draft is a work item of the Network Modeling
(NETMOD) WG of the IETF.

    Title           : YANG Module Versioning Requirements
    Author          : Joe Clarke
    Filename        : draft-ietf-netmod-yang-versioning-reqs-08.txt
    Pages           : 12
    Date            : 2023-06-26

Abstract:
    This document describes the problems that can arise because of the
    YANG language module update rules, that require all updates to YANG
    module preserve strict backwards compatibility.  It also defines the
    requirements on any solution designed to solve the stated problems.
    This document does not consider possible solutions, nor endorse any
    particular solution.

The IETF datatracker status page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-yang-versioning-reqs/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-netmod-yang-versioning-reqs-08

https://author-tools.ietf.org/iddiff?url2=draft-ietf-netmod-yang-versioning-reqs-08

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts