On Sat, Aug 6, 2016 at 12:41 PM, Tobias Klauser <tklau...@distanz.ch> wrote:
> On 2016-08-05 at 22:51:54 +0200, Vadim Kochan <vadi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hm,
>>
>> My version was to keep current strict dependency on libnl by default,
>> so if there is no libnl then
>> netsniff-ng & trafgen will be removed from build list, but make
>> possible to skip this
>> rule by --disable-libnl option. Now I am not sure there is a reason
>> for --disable-libnl as if there is no libnl
>> then netsniff-ng & trafgen will be added to build list, and will be
>> compiled w/o libnl dependency..
>
> Ok, but that intention of your patch wasn't really clear from the
> description, sorry.

Yes, usually I put no so much description into patches.

>> So does --disable-libnl makes sense ?
>
> If you have libnl-dev installed but want to compile netsniff-ng/trafgen
> without libnl support it still makes sense.
>
> IMO the current version is more in line with the behavior we already
> have for geoip and libz.
>
> Thanks
> Tobias

Yes, I understand, I said so because I really remember we talked about
disabling of libnl support earier ago and you or Daniel pointed that
it is better to have this dependency by default, this is how I
remember this, I might be wrong, but anyway
it simplifies build netsniff-ng/trafgen manually w/o searching libnl-
packages on specific dist.