In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
   Richard Porter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 28 Nov 2008 Alan Calder wrote:

> > Xavier Tardy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[Snip]

> >> Is there any easy way to change the address in the address bar ?

> > Double-clicking certainly highlights the existing address for me.  I
> > agree that typing in a new address doesn't work as might be expected
> > ie deleting the highlighted text and replacing it with the new text.

> That's not what's expected in RISC OS! One or two apps do it, e.g.
> Impression, but normally typing in text doesn't replace selected text.

Impression, yes, and Easiwriter, Artworks, Datapower and probably others
whilst in Oreganos 1 & 2 overtyping in the address bar works 'as expected'.
 Wouldn't be suprised if the same was true of FFox but I can't be bothered
to fire it up - life's too short. :-)

I think it can reasonably said that overtyping in browser address bars is
now expected behaviour whatever RO might traditionally have done and I
believe that Xavier uses non-RO systems also.

Cheers

Alan
[Snip]

--