On 16 Jan, Michael Drake wrote in message
    <5196724c33t...@netsurf-browser.org>:

> In article <3dd02e9651.mar...@blueyonder.co.uk>,
>    Martin Bazley <martin.baz...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Crash.
>
> What version of NetSurf are you using for this?  I can't reproduce it with
> the latest build.

Assuming I'm not getting my builds confused, I can reproduce it on RISC OS 5
with r11332:

- Open a browser window.
- Press F4 and type something that matches, so a selection appears in the
  browser window.
- Close the browser window.

Looking at the log, my guess is that the search module tries to tidy up and
delete the selection after the browser window has been partly deleted: when
it comes to attempt the resulting redraw, things go a bit wrong.  See

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3159040&group_id=51719&atid=464312

(which Martin should have done himself).

I would need to understand the browser window content stuff better to risk
attempting a fix, I'm afraid: I'm not sure how much the search still needs
to tidy up at that point.

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England             Wakefield Acorn & RISC OS Show
                                              Saturday 16 April 2011