In article <66463fa051.r...@user.minijem.plus.com>,
   Richard Porter <r...@minijem.plus.com> wrote:
> The NetSurf web site says:

> "Efficiency lies at the heart of the NetSurf engine, allowing it to
> outwit the heavyweights of the web browser world. The NetSurf team
> continue to squeeze more speed out of their code."

> I've been doing one or two comparisons on a 300MHz Kinetic RiscPC
> running OS 6.16.

[Snip]

One thing occurs to me; you are using r11515 which is a development build
of Netsurf which has with it a warning "Notice: At any given time these
builds may be unstable or have verbose logging enabled which could
compromise performance of the browser", have you fallen foul of this?

Maybe a comparison with the most recent release version might give a
different result.

Brian Jordan
Virtual RPC-AdjustSA
RISC OS 6.20