On Thu, 7 Mar 2013 20:32:36 +0000, Steve Fryatt wrote:

> The front-end doesn't seem to know anything about the status bar content
> (beyond that it's some text), so it might be pretty stupid.  Intelligence
> such as "Send form to http://foo.com/...bar/wibble.php"; would probably
> require some very educated guesswork, I suspect (unless there's a way to
> negotiate the length of the text with the core?).

There isn't.  We'd need something like the nsfont interface for status
bar text for the core to intelligently reduce the size, I guess.

> I see there's actually some tooltip code buried in the local history GUI for
> the RISC OS front-end (turn them on via the option in Interface).  Can a
> front-end find out from the core that the pointer is hovering over a link,
> form submission button or similar?

browser_window_get_contextual_content() can do this.  ccdata.link_url
is probably the main thing to check, that will get the URL at least,
although alt text won't be available.  It returns data on forms too,
although I'm not sure what.

Chris