On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 02:33:57PM +0000, cj wrote:
> I checked on the PandaBoard today and lo and behold, the cache
> contained more than 8 GB of files. This machine was also configured
> for a 1 GB max and 10 days expiry. I have now deleted and disabled
> the cache on the PandaRO.
>
> On all my machines I use recent versions of RISC OS 5.21, and recent
> development versions of Netsurf.
>
> Am I misunderstanding what the cache settings are?

Currently, if NetSurf crashes (or your computer does) without quitting
cleanly, newly-created cached items will be "leaked"; ie they will not
be stored in the index which is written out on exit.

We plan to have this situation detected on next start and automatically
remove orphan items.

At the moment, the only simple way to recover the space taken up by
these lost cache items is to delete the contents of the NetSurf folder
inside !Cache.

B.