In message <54797458f6bbai...@argonet.co.uk>
 on 21 Dec 2014 Brian <bbai...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:

> NetSurf has very recently started scanning fonts during loading. This
> hasn't happened for ages. Is this a glitch, perhaps, or revised behaviour?

I think a relevant factor may be the number of fonts you have
installed.  Quite a while ago I installed the EFF collection of fonts
on my Iyonix.  Ever since then whenever !NetSurf loads it displays a
window showing progress on scanning fonts.  It always appears to stick
briefly when scanning Swz.narrow and then completes  I can't see
anything about that font to know why it takes longer to scan.  When I
bought this ARMini I copied the fonts across and have always had the
same behaviour.

So, having read the other responses, I suspect that if you just have
the original fonts supplied installed then the scanning of them will
normally be so quick that you don't notice it.  So maybe a recent
change slowed that down.

Regards

Andrew
--