In article <3145b6c054.roger...@rogerarm.freeuk.com>,
   Roger Darlington <roger...@freeuk.com> wrote:
> On 8 May 2015, Richard Torrens (lists) wrote:
> > Another way of using Google is, for example

> > http://www.google.co.uk/search?&q=Acacia

> > Just double click on the link. Works from Pluto, StronEd and anything else
> > which will launch a URL.

> But that doesn't work on Netsurf :-(
> It just oscillates the same :-(

> > Once on the search, you can delete the search term and type in another.
> > So it seems to be only from the first page. Weird!

Sorry, I've confused myself by togling JS once too many times.

The search script on my www site does work with JF off: Relevant bit is

<!-- Search Google -->
<P><FORM method=GET action=http://www.google.com/custom>
<TABLE bgcolor=#FFFFFF cellspacing=0 border=0>
<INPUT TYPE=text name=q size=40 maxlength=255 value="">
<INPUT type=submit name=sa VALUE="Google Search">
</FORM>
<!-- Search Google -->

Save that as search/html, re-type is as faf (html) and use it

--
Richard Torrens.
http://www.Torrens.org.uk for genealogy, natural history, wild food, walks, cats