In article <1c3b90c054.r...@user.minijem.plus.com>,
   Richard Porter <r...@minijem.plus.com> wrote:

> I think it's absolutely essential that we have a javascript on/off
> button on the toolbar. If javescript is off google won't work and if
> it's on streetmap.co.uk won't work.

OK - it ain't very pretty and a bit clumsy, but it seems to work
more-or-less:

My application !JS puts an application icon on the iconbar courtesy of the
Pinboard which, if double-clicked on whilst NetSurf is loaded, will change
and reflect the status of JSon or JSoff.

It only refreshes by grace of a window being briefly drawn over it, and it
moves the pointer a bit - but it seems to do the trick.

A green icon means Javascript is active, and a red one inactive. A grey one
means you've quitted or failed to load NetSurf

On my RPi the mechanics of opening configuration windows and their
subsequent closing is visible briefly, but a lot better than having to go
through all those clicks yourself.  Perhaps less visible on a faster
machine.

It uses action files created by KeyStroke and executed by Executor to make
it work, and uses Shift/F1 and Shift/F2 as the shortcut keys - but if you
use these manually, the status is not refreshed on the iconbar - so don't!

It can be downloaded from:

        http://le.petit.four.free.fr/JS.zip

Please contact me directly with any observations, or via the News Groups if
I subsequently make an announcement there, as this list is not for
discussion of third party applications.

Best wishes,

John

--