In article <6995e38e767.0000016fd...@davehigton.me.uk>,
   Dave Higton <d...@davehigton.me.uk> wrote:
> 2) to fix the issue of the missing dot in the path starting with
> <Root$Dir> because my definition of Root$Dir has no trailing dot.

This presumaby u=is something entirely local to you? The Settings file
initially says

| Set the download and installation directories
| ******> You will need to modify these (and remove the | to activate)! <******
|Set Fetch_NS$Download$Dir <Root$Path>Download.Netwerk.NetSurf
|Set Fetch_NS$Install$Dir <Root$Path>Netwerk

Those must point to:
Fetch_NS$Download$Dir directory where you want the downloads to be saved

Fetch_NS$Install$Dir directory from which Netsurf is run.

the original paths are not very enlightening!

--
Richard Torrens.
http://www.Torrens.org.uk for genealogy, natural history, wild food, walks, cats