On 30 Jan 2019 as I do recall,
          Bret Busby  wrote:

> On 22/01/2019, Harriet Bazley <lists at bazleyfamily.co.uk> wrote:
> > On 21 Jan 2019 as I do recall,
> >           Bret Busby  wrote:
> >
> >> The gmail seems to be as usable as gmail is usable (it does not work
> >> with firefox, for me - the way it is displayed in firefox, is
> >> illegible).
> >>

> > Yes, it is - but can you enter your password to log in?  (Better
> > take a copy of the COokies file if you plan to experiment...)
> >
> > Google now appear to have wrapped GMail into the concept of their general
> > 'Google Account', which I suspect is what is causing the problem.

> Okay.
>
> With Netsurf having just crashed due to the Internet connection
> breaking up, I have started a new session og gmail, and the login
> process is as it has been for a while - account name - 1 screen, then
> password input - second screen, and I logged in without any problem.
>
> Then the browser crashed again, when the Internet connection broke
> again, but, I managed to log in again, without any problem.

Well, here it's just happened again:  GMail session logged out (not by
me this time!), account name ("one account. All of Google") - 1 screen ,
password input - second screen, error message at
https://accounts.google.com/signin/rejected?hl=en-GB&rrk=47&rhlk=js

"Couldn't sign you in

"The browser that you're using doesn't support JavaScript, or has
JavaScript turned off."

I tried enabling Netsurf's JavaScript, in case it was just doing a
stupid-level check, but the page is absolutely stiff with JS:

if (AF_initDataInitializeCallback)
{AF_initDataInitializeCallback(AF_initDataKeys, AF_initDataChunkQueue,
AF_dataServiceRequests);}if (!AF_initDataCallback) {AF_initDataCallback
= function(chunk) {AF_initDataChunkQueue.push(chunk);} etc etc

I managed to restore access by copying across the Cookies file from the
other computer again, but that cookie will presumably eventually expire
too.   :-(

--
Harriet Bazley                     ==  Loyaulte me lie ==

Computers can never replace human stupidity.