On 6 Apr, cj wrote in message
    <585cf76494ch...@chris-johnson.org.uk>:

> In article <712aea5c58.bo...@boase.myzen.co.uk>,
>    Bernard Boase <b.bo...@bcs.org> wrote:
>
> > - Wikipedia's own vertical scroll bar overrides the functionality of the
> > RISC OS window furniture. Is that intentional and/or inevitable?
>
> Yes - that has annoyed me for a while now.

Feel free to fix it... :-)

The issue is that NetSurf's core has to render any frame furniture when a
page requests it be drawn, and whilst it defers this to the GUI (IIRC), it's
fairly non-trivial for the RISC OS front-end to use the standard desktop
furniture.

It's been a long time, but (again IIRC) I'm fairly sure that I concluded
when I looked at this that the only way to get "standard" scrollbars would
be to replicate the Wimp's rendering of the component bits within NetSurf's
RISC OS front-end -- which, aside from being relatively complex, also took
us into areas best described as "sparsely documented" and hence fragile if
the OS developers change the way things work.

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/