In article <mpro.q8dh4m04f6znk02bd.li...@stevefryatt.org.uk>, Steve
Fryatt <li...@stevefryatt.org.uk> wrote:

> The issue is that NetSurf's core has to render any frame furniture when
> a page requests it be drawn, and whilst it defers this to the GUI
> (IIRC), it's fairly non-trivial for the RISC OS front-end to use the
> standard desktop furniture.

> It's been a long time, but (again IIRC) I'm fairly sure that I
> concluded when I looked at this that the only way to get "standard"
> scrollbars would be to replicate the Wimp's rendering of the component
> bits within NetSurf's RISC OS front-end -- which, aside from being
> relatively complex, also took us into areas best described as "sparsely
> documented" and hence fragile if the OS developers change the way
> things work.

I just had a quick peek inside the RISC OS Wikipedia page. There is no
FRAME or IFRAME but it has the extra scrollbar. Its stylesheet defines
the BODY with 'overflow-y:scroll'. Any browser with window furniture
already in place should have that set on BODY by default, shouldn't it,
and ignore if it's set there again? Just a thought.

NetSurf also seems to ignore the principle of what overflow means (I.e.
'*if* the content overflows, do this') though that's less crucial.

Hello World <br>
Hello World <br>
Hello World <br>

Unfortunately, it is also an inherited property as this short HTML page
demonstrates! Use it with care please Jimmy!

Tim Hill
--------
Find an  event to attend at:
http://timil.com/riscos/calendar/