Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 18:01:26 +0000 (   )
From: "Joe (theWordy) Philbrook" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: convert *.dlu file to pine friendly mailbox file???


Hunh? did I just say something stupid there???

By the by: please see my message about understanding the syntax of
           a "modemstring^Mmodemstring" command separator...

But this one is about 

Subject: convert *.dlu file to pine friendly mailbox file???

        both the mail.dlu with the +OK line, and the newsgrp.dlu
        with the article follows line...

I know it can be done manually, but I want to filter the output of Uncle
Dave's speed demon into my linux mail system's reader interface of choice.

The hard part would probably getting an extract of the "From:" header line
merged with and extract of the arrival date stamp header line, to replace
the appropriate "+OK * octets" line, or if newsgrp.dlu the "* article follows"
line with a unix style "From " line...

I'm not looking for a compile project, but something like bash shell script
command that I could run as root to pipe the *.dlu's to something I can use
my pine to read instead of having to bother running a linux style news
spool??? 

Then I would also be free of the occasional lost mail message that
fetchmail via sendmail occasionaly rejects for reasons I didn't tell it to
but still flushes it from the pop3 server... <sigh> And piping my incoming
mail/newsgroups through Net-tamer would keep my phone bill low even if ttlc
wasn't still a local call... 


        -^-   -^-
        <?>   <?>    Joe (theWordy) Philbrook
            ^         < [EMAIL PROTECTED] >
          \___/       eFax: (240) 337-4260

also: Net-Tamer V 1.10.1  - Registered





********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to