Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 16:30:29 -0500
From: Jeff Hawkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: convert *.dlu file to pine friendly mailbox file???
Hello,
At 07:18 PM 2/10/00 -0500, you wrote:
>But this one is about
>
>Subject: convert *.dlu file to pine friendly mailbox file???
>
> both the mail.dlu with the +OK line, and the newsgrp.dlu
> with the article follows line...
>
>I know it can be done manually, but I want to filter the output of Uncle
>Dave's speed demon into my linux mail system's reader interface of choice.
I'd do the conversion on the Linux box since you'll most likely have Perl 5
on the
Linux box and you could also use the Unix Grep function to separate and then
modify and/or replace the message pieces!
If I remember right you'll need to strip off the `+OK ' POP3 server response
line and add something like four hashes for Pine! I could be a little
wrong! There's
some basic code here somewhere that I wrote to convert from Net-Tamer to
Waffle format! Your welcome to it if I can find it! There was a module for mail
and news! They were slightly difficult to setup and slightly more broken but
did the job for me!
Later,
Jeff Hawkins
---
Monster Highway Information Systems
http://www.monsterhighway.com
********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************